So hello there…long time no type. I took an unexpected but well needed break off blogging over Christmas. Partly due to the fact that I didn’t have a lot of time to actually sit down and type out some blog posts that I seemed happy with and I kind of ran out of ideas. No need to fear though, your girl is back and bursting with some ideas and managing to fit some time in to get some content out. It’s all about planning and balance.
Speaking of planning…I thought I’d kick off my first blog post of 2020 by going through what I’ve got planned, what to expect from me and my sort of goals for the year. So without further a do…let’s get into it!
- Travel more – Copenhagen and Barcelona are already on the cards this year and I’m so excited to explore more of Europe. I really want to invest some money into seeing more of the world, no matter how close or how far away from home. I’m already thinking of maybe heading somewhere around Christmas time too. As a family we’re also looking at booking a holiday to Florida for 2021 so my year will be filled with not only saving but planning the most epic holiday.
- Start a YouTube channel – It’s an idea I’ve always wanted to give a try and I’ve been really thinking about it lately so why not make 2020 the year I burst onto YouTube. I spend so much of my time watching YouTube videos that I want to give it a go myself. Seen as I want to travel a bit more too, I thought being able to document it would be awesome and a little bit more interesting than just my boring daily life even though I might film it from time to time.
- Focus on my blog more – I think a lot of bloggers were guilty of investing a lot of time into Instagram as it can tend to be a bit easier when it comes to creating content. It’s really refreshing to see that more bloggers are investing time back into their blogs and wanting to make it the best it can be. At the end of the day, you are in control on your blog and can make it whatever you want it to be. I really want to curate a blog that showcases me and what I love whilst also being a place that being love coming to weekly to read my latest posts. This also links in with the fact that I want to redesign my blog and finally go self hosted.
- Save money more – I know after saving I want to travel more, saving money seems a bit odd but I really want to get better at saving money rather than spending it. I’ve already got in the habit of putting away a certain amount of money every month the day I get paid and also trying to buy less stuff.
- Make smarter choices when it comes to buying clothes – I think we all know I liked to go shopping quite a bit and well I wasn’t the best at buying things I necessarily needed. I want to invest in key wardrobe pieces that I can wear again and again, you know those items that you just love and want to wear all the time. I want to stop buying in to fast fashion.
- FINALLY pass my driving test – I just want the freedom to be able to drive finally. It’s got to the point where I just need to stop putting it off. 2020 will be the year…let me tell you that!
- Get a job that has security and I enjoy – I know it’s a big ask but I want 2020 to be the year I finally find a job I enjoy to a certain extent and I feel safe in. I really hoping to look into either logistics or social media marketing as they’re both areas I enjoy and have experience in. Having worked in a retail for just over 7 months now, I know it’s not the job I want forever and it’s time to move on soon.
- Push myself out of my comfort zone more – I really tried a lot in 2019 and proved to myself that I more than capable to do a lot of stuff. Like meeting new people, trying new things, pushing myself to do maybe harder things.
- Reach 5k followers on Instagram – I know it’s not all about the numbers but it would be awesome to reach that goal and after smashing my 2019 goal, anything is possible.
I think that’s all for my plans for 2020 so far, I better stop there or this blog post will go on forever. You know I can type a beefy blog post when I want to. I’m really excited for what 2020 has in store and I look forward to growing another year older but also wiser. I think I’m approaching 2020 with a slightly different mindset but a good one that will help me navigate my way through it. Not looking at it as a new fresh start, just an opportunity to reset and smash out some goals.
What goals do you have for 2020 and are you excited for a new year?
Be sure to check back next week for a brand new post. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Until next time,
Come find me on my other social platforms…