I feel like it’s a given that a yearly favourites is included in blogmas and to be honest it’s such a nice post to write to look back on the year you’re soon to leave behind. It’s actually so easy to forget how long a year is and how much goes on until you start to reflect on everything that has happened. I know that sounds odd but you catch my gist.
I wanted to go through a selection of items/memories that have been my favourites of 2019 as I’m always nosy in wanting to know what everyone else has been loving this year too. These posts can get pretty long but I’m trying to make blogmas this year a bit more snappy so it’s not only easier and quicker to write but also easier and quicker to consume wherever you’re reading this.
I’ve got a few favourites from different areas like fashion, beauty, music, lifestyle…the works you know. There’s something for everyone haha.
- Beauty – 2019 was definitely the year I found some firm beauty favourites that have been staples in my daily routine. For me, I’ve loved using The Body Shop camomile sumptuous cleansing butter which has changed my cleansing and skincare game. I love how it not only cleans my face perfectly of make-up but leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. I tend to always make it my mission to find what I think is my perfect mascara every year and I think for me it has to be the Estee Lauder sumptuous extreme lash multiplying volume mascara (wow that’s a mouthful). I love how it not only gives me length for my lashes but also adds that volume I’m always longing for. It’s a bit pricey compared to some but I find certain make-up items are worth investing in. Another eye area related beauty product is something I wasn’t really that fussed with when it first came out as it wasn’t something I could see myself using. Oh how wrong I was…Glossier Brow Flick has changed my brow game and oh my gosh, it’s so easier to achieve perfect looking brows with this. The last beauty item is something that goes without mentioning and I’m sure some of you will know what I’m going to say…it is of course the Urban Decay Honey eye shadow palette that I’ve haven’t stopped using since I picked it up in Sephora a few months ago. It’s right up my street when it comes to shades and you can really do some awesome looks with it. I just love the formula of Urban Decay eye shadows, they’re so easy to blend and wear really well all day.
- Fashion – I feel like I really found my style or began to find my style in 2019 and finally began to feel comfortable in myself. I’ve always battled with body confidence and finding clothes that I felt comfortable in so it’s been a long time coming for me. So I guess that in it self is a fashion favourite of mine and a bloody good one if you might agree?! However, there has been a few items that I’ve found myself wearing and loving which ultimately makes them my favourites. I always find it hardest to pick out fashion favourites as like most people I wear different things for every season to you know go with the weather even if it’s unpredictable in the UK.
- Lifestyle – 2019 in terms of lifestyle holds a few favourites but the biggest being my holiday to California which I don’t think I knew how much it was needed. 10 days away from real life and in the Cali sunshine. It was amazing to visit the States again and somewhere I always wanted to go. I mean I also got to finally visit my first Disney park too which was just beyond words…I feel like to have visited the original park as my first. I suppose tattoos could under lifestyle too and I can’t not mention my newest addition of Freddie Mercury which I still absolutely love. It’s been good to slowly add to my growing sleeve. Hopefully I’ll complete it in 2020.
- Music – I haven’t been to half as many not even that gigs this year but the few I have attended, certainly were worth while. I saw Shawn Mendes at The O2 with the most amazing view and it was such an incredible evening. I also saw Fever 333 live for the first time and was blown away. I’ve been listening to music a lot more and still making an conscious effort to discover new artists. Dance Gavin Dance has been a firm favourite for me and a band that sticks out is the return of Jonas Brothers…their album was basically on repeat all year and I’m not even ashamed to admit that.
- Random – There’s a few bits I want to mention that don’t really fit into any of the other sections but are still worth mentioning. Toy Story 4 being one of those…yes I was a fan of the film and FORKY but it definitely wasn’t needed. I feel like I can’t not mention this show too as if anyone follows me they’ll know I didn’t stop going on about it, yep Peaky fucking Blinders haha. What an emotional rollercoaster it was watching that and basically falling in love with Cillian Murphy.
Thanks so much for stopping by my latest blogmas post. Sorry there now isn’t as many…I just didn’t have enough time in the day or week to create high quality content I was happy putting out.
I hope you enjoyed this post nonetheless. Be sure to check back next time for a brand new blogmas post.
Until next time,
Come find me on my other social platforms…