I’m a massive music lover and always have been. When I first started my blog all those years ago, music was a thing I loved writing about…whether I was any good at it I don’t know but it kept me happy!
I’m always on the hunt for new music even though I am guilty of listening to a few of the same songs on repeat most days. I walk to work so having a good soundtrack to get a stride on to is key for me and helps pass the time.
I thought I’d go through my recently played/added songs to my Spotify and enlighten you all to the wonderful world of music taste. Now if you’re new around here you’re probably unaware of how varied my music taste can be but I have a feeling today’s post will be an eye opener.
I’ve definitely rediscovered some old favourites that I used to love listening to a few years back. That’s what I love about music, especially when it comes to me…I attach so many different memories and feelings to certain song and revisiting some it’s like a trip down memory lane.
- Tyler The Creator – Earfquake; Back in the day I used to really love Tyler The Creator, this was when Yonkers was just released so definitely a different style of music. I’m definitely late to the party when it comes to this song but I love how different he’s taken his music with this. It’s so catchy but still got his own unique spin on it. It’s surprisingly upbeat which makes for a good song to walk to work with. Please go and watch the video if you haven’t seen it yet, it’s so weird yet so on brand for him that you kind of just accept it for what it is.
- Don Broco ft Caleb Shomo, Taka Moriuchi, Tilian and Tyler Carter – Action; I love Don Broco and have done since the days of Priorities, I’ve seen them many times live and actually been fortunate to meet them a few years ago. They’ve been smashing new music lately and their latest offering in the form of Action has to be one of my favourites. It’s so cool to see them collaborating with other artists that I love too, the vocals all tie in so well. Don Broco like to experiment with their music and it’s obvious with this song and the different styles of vocals they’ve added in. I’ve been head banging to this since I first heard it and it hasn’t stopped playing.
- Dance Gavin Dance – Semi-Charmed Life (Cover); I’m a massive fan of artists doing different genre covers of songs, like rock bands doing pop songs and putting their own spin on it. I think that’s why I love the Live Lounge covers so much. I came across this band Dance Gavin Dance after looking into Tilian who featured on Action the song I mentioned above. I randomly came across a cover the band did of a song originally by Third Eye Blind. I love the spin that Dance Gavin Dance have put on this song, you’ve got the clean vocals and the scream vocals making it completely different to the original. That’s my favourite sort of music, the mix of rock and clean vocals, I just love the combination of two different styles that shouldn’t go but bands make it work.
- Charlie Puth – Mother; Randomly I can’t get enough of Charlie Puth and have done for a few years now. It’s been so interesting to see how his music has evolved over the years and you can definitely tell with the music he’s creating now that it’s a true representation of him. I was so shocked at his haircut at first , I mean he looks so different. I love the whole vibe of his song Mother. It’s catchy, got a cool beat and is so different from his songs like See You Again.
- Lizzo – Juice; I’ve put one song for Lizzo but really I’m just loving her as an artist full stop. What she sings about and what she stands for is just amazing, something we definitely need more of. Not only is the beat of her songs catchy and dancing worthy, the messages behind her lyrics are so inspiring. I just love her and I haven’t stopped listening to her for the past few months. I’ve picked Juice as one of my favourites as I love the song as a whole and it’s just so empowering.
- Dominic Fike – 3 Nights; I feel like everyone and their mother has probably heard this song but it’s just so damn catchy! The mix of clean smooth vocals with rap. You’ll be singing the chorus all day long so you’ve been warned. It’s the sort of song that you just can’t help but have a little boggie to.
- 5 Seconds of Summer – Easier (Live from the Vault); I don’t believe in having guilty pleasures but if I did, I think 5 Seconds of Summer would definitely be. The band has definitely gone through a rebrand when it comes to their look and music. Gone are the days of boyband vibes. The band have gone a bit darker and moodier with their music and I think it’s appealing to an older audience which probably explains why I like it. Easier was a good song to begin with, the beefiness of the guitar and drums but the live version from the vault took it one step above and just added an edge to it.
I honestly could go on for ages about songs I’ve been loving recently as I pretty much listen to music when I can. However, I feel like I’ve shared enough for you to have a good new soundtrack for the rest of the week.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this week and reading my latest post. Be sure to check back next week for a brand new post…yes that’s right you’re still getting posts even when I’m on holiday!
Until next time,
Check me out on my other social platforms…