It’s not uncommon for me to feel down about life lately but believe me it’s something I’m working on. It’s fairly obvious that no one wants to go through life feeling down. One ‘activity’ I’ve found that works quite well whenever I sense myself feeling down for whatever reason is creating a list of things I should be happy about in my life. Because no matter how negative you feel about life, there’s always something positive to be happy about.
I’m working on training my brain to think more positively. It’s harder than you first think believe me, especially after thinking negatively for most of your life.
With today’s blog post as well as helping anyone out that may be feeling down and wanting to find a way to cope with it, I thought I’d also share 5 things I should be happy about lately. It can be something so simple or something big and amazing. Just list 5 things you can be happy about and you’ll suddenly feel heaps better. Because instead of focusing on the negative you’ve shifted you’re train of thought into thinking positive happy things.
Enough of my rambling, here’s my 5 things to be happy about…
- Music. I tweeted about this very thing last night. I decided to pop my iPod on shuffle, relax on my bed and have some me time. It got me thinking about how amazing music is. There’s so much power, talent and emotion that goes into one song, album etc. There’s so much insanely good music around now a days, we’re really spoilt for choice.
- Tattoo. This week coming I’m getting more work done to my back tattoo. I feel extremely grateful to be in a position that I can afford to get my back tattooed. Something I’ve been wanting to get down for many years now. It’s something that has also given me confidence within myself, it’s enabling me to finally feel good about myself.
- Gigs. In the next few months I’ve got a load of amazing gigs lined up from letlive to Moose Blood and of course Panic! At The Disco at Slam Dunk. Not everyone has the chance to go to so many gigs as I do so again it’s something I feel very grateful and happy about. I can go to a gig where I can let loose, forget about life for a few hours and lose my voice from singing too much. Life doesn’t get much better than that right?
- Family & Friends. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t had trouble with friends over the years but growing up I’ve realised what friends I should be investing my time in and honestly it’s made me so much happier. Gone are the days that I waste my time on worthless people. The sooner people realise that the better. Also my family, again the older I’ve got the more I’ve grown to appreciate and spend time with them. No matter what goes on, my family are always there to support me and cheer me on.
- My cat. Seeing my cat every morning honestly does cheer me up. I’m sure everyone will say their cat, dog or whatever pet they have is the best and I’m sure in their eyes it is. But my cat George brings me so much joy. The way he sleeps sometimes or when he sticks his tongue out and keeps it out. Somehow he can always sense when I’m sad or ill and will come sit near me or fall asleep on me. It’s his way of saying ‘cheer up April, I’m here’. I know I must appear like a crazy cat lady but I really don’t care ha ha.
Those were my 5 things to be happy about. As you can see they range from small to big. Why not give it a try next time you’re feeling down. Just writing this blog post has improved my mood massively.
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog post.
Until next time,
Keep up to date with when I publish a new post and follow me on my social media platforms…